One Step Forward, Another Step Back.....

So I've begun really searching for my first apartment the past few months.  The commute to and from work work is so frustrating during the school year, that it is reason enough to move, lol.  Also, another reason for moving out is that I think it's time to spread my wings and become the independent adult man I deserve to be.  The past 29 years I feel have prepared me to be a strong, but sensible individual who knows his limits and can admit when he is in a spot and needs help.  I know there are some people who are scared to have me make this change, but I feel the time is right.  With the advent of my turning 30 this coming June, it seems like a great way to make the transition from living at home to living on my own.

Just today, I drove to find an apartment that I found online for rent last night in the Regent Square Area of Pittsburgh....only to find that it was actually located in Wilkinsburg.  Not that there's anything wrong with that part of Pittsburgh, I have visions of what my first place should look like an that was not what I was expecting from what I viewed online.  So, needless to say, the search goes on.  Ideally, I would like to move before the winter comes so I could miss having to commute through all the snow and ice that accumulates on the Pittsburgh streets.  I know it'll come, but the waiting is the hard part, as with most things that we as people really want.

If we are never allowed to try, how does anybody, including ourselves know if we will succeed?  If we'll fail?  No, that's not for you!  You will succeed!  98 and 3/4% guaranteed!  That line if from my favorite Dr. Seuss book, "Oh, The Places You'll Go!"  It teaches young children that life is not all sunshine and lollipops....instead it is a mixture of good and bad moments, and all the choices that you'll have to make as you trod down the path of life.  In the book, he goes on to say that something you will doing quite a lot of is waiting.  Why is waiting such a grueling task?  Part of me thinks that waiting is half the fun in getting to your goal, whatever it may be. 

No matter what it is you're waiting for, grab a chair and a good book and enjoy the ride.

Comments