Stick A Fork In Me......I Think I'm Done!

So over the past few weeks, I been thinking and going back and forth between feelings and such about this whole Kennywood thing.  After 10 years of the stress (good and bad), lasting friendships, idiot guests and others, having to deal with the safety of people who could care less about anything else than having a good time, etc.  has all got me to thinking that I may not wait till the end of the season to throw in the towel. 

I have a "Big Boy job" now, as we call it at the park, and the only thing keeping me there is the money, honestly, besides a few close friends.  I haven't had a summer to myself in a LOOOOONG time, not that I'm complaining mind you, but now that I'm nearing the age of 30, I'd like to slow down a little and take some time to start experiencing new things in my life.  I also doesn't help that some of my bosses are substantially younger than me.  I always tell people who I work with that it doesn't bother me or get under my skin but who likes to work for people younger than themselves, no one, right?  I don't think any person can say that there is a definitive right time for any big decision in their life but I think someone is trying to tell me that this is the perfect time to opt out, permanently.  With the possibility of helping with teaching summer school next year, it's not like I won't be busy, just not AS busy.

I've learned alot from this job in the past decade, but it's time for me to start listening to the people that have already quit and moved on with their lives.  Everybody says that it's so much better on the other side and I think it's time for me to see what they're talking about and get a taste of it.

Comments