A Change of Priorities

Once in a while, before you make a big decision in your life, you often have questions that run through your mind, "Is this the right time to do this?" or "Is this something that I'll end up regretting in the long run?"  Well, I've come to one of those moments.  I posted earlier last week about my being super excited about getting my own apartment.  Although, I was pretty excited, I tend to jump the gun on these kind of things and lose focus on the things that play a vital part in the decision making process.

What was the epiphany that I had this week you may ask?  Well, it was brought to my attention the cost of my car insurance....I almost fell over.  Up until this point, my parents have been paying for my insurance so I really had never looked at how much it actually cost.  I also hadn't factored that into my monthly payments plus everything else.  Now, I'm a little odd....I don't want to live under the overpass in a cardboard box because I don't have enough money to pay for things.  And then I was laying in bed last night thinking, "What's the rush?"  I've lived at home all my life, what's a few more months to save up extra money?  Also, my car is getting old, nearing the 90,000 mile marker so that's on the list to be replaced within the next year, hopefully.

On top of all that, I think there are services that I pay for currently that I don't think I'd like to give up right now.  Personal training being one of them.  Even though I have enough knowledge and know my way around a gym pretty well, my trainer Andy is the main motivator here.  I think if I didn't have a standing appointment with him at least once a week I wouldn't even go that much to the gym.  And if you have read my fitness posts before you'll understand that my health is one area that I don't play around with.  I want to reach my full physical potential.  Am I really going to compromise that for the sake of living by myself?  Not right now, anyways.  It's also a great stress reliever to talk to a dude who is crazier than me, in some ways.....and the fact that he has a masters' degree in Special Education makes for some great conversations about my job!

So, to sum this up.....I'm staying where I'm at for right now.  I'm not depressed or bummed.  It gives me time to focus on more important things going on right now....class, training, teaching.  When the time's right, it'll happen.  I'm just gonna have fun being me right now!

Comments