It's All Physical To Me!

So in examining my upcoming year's goals, I've noticed a trend beginning to surface with them.  All of them have something to do with learning/improving upon the human body and its state in some way, shape or form.  Am I that vain??!  Of course not.  As I learn more and more about how the human body works physically, as well as mentally, I am very much interested in helping people relieve their aches and pains, through therapeutic methods, such as Physical Therapy, Massage, etc.
"Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body. "
 I sometimes wander about how I came to be interested in this field.  I was never that athletic growing up.  I never really was that interested in belonging on sports' teams, other than the baseball teams I was on as a kid.  I just think that it all stems from the extensive medical history I've had so many years ago.  That's probably why I'm so paranoid sometimes when I have certain aches and pains.  For instance, if I have a pain in the center of my chest, my brain automatically thinks 'heart attack or heart murmur'.  My good friend Jeff, who is a Licensed Massage Therapist with his own practice in Shadyside (check out his website! www.bodyworkspgh.com) told me once, you can't let your irrational thinking take over in these cases, when sometimes hurts, asses it rationally, consider your options and problem solve.  It sounds simple enough, but it's this sort of thinking that makes germophobes paranoid about washing hands, drinking out of somebody's glass, etc.  Maybe instead of becoming a physical therapist, I should be a physical and mental therapist!  Imagine the schooling for that.....I think I'll pass. 

Progress is the never-ending icing on the cake, no matter what your goals are!
I'm very excited about this new endeavor that I've chosen for myself and with every passing day, I'm that much closer to achieving this goal. 

Comments