Re-Focusing the positive energy

So I'm in my 'almost end of summer' yearly slump.  This time of year, I usually get a little sad, edgy....whatever you want to call it is just fine.  Most of my friends are starting to think about moving back to college for the semester.  Being the oldest of most of your friends stinks for the very reason that most of them leave but here I am, left behind.  I'll be festering in Pittsburgh at my "Big Boy" job, but with the bad there is always the good to balance things out.  Funny how the yin and the yang mesh together so well.  I am looking forward to getting back to The Day School for another year.  Another year filled with challenges, progress to be made with my students as well as myself. 

For me, I am returning to college for another semester to help complete my Physical Therapist Assistant degree at CCAC.  I am taking Anatomy & Physiology this fall, and really, I am looking forward to it.  Knowing about the human body is pretty much the basis for this degree and I am very excited about what this semester will bring in terms of knowledge and skills that I will learn about. I also plan to revisit my ACE Personal Training Exam later on this fall once I get studying on it again.  This has been a goal of mine for a few years' now and as close as I was to passing the last time, I know with a little more studying, I'll nail it.

Aside from all this 'work' that I am doing, I also have some leisure stuff planning for myself as well.  I am going to continue to hit the gym but am going to try and step it up times 10 this fall.  Health and fitness have always been a lifetime thing for me so why not step it up?  I recently registered to walk in a 5K race in my local community on August 20th.  I did this race last year only I ran it....big mistake!  I could barely get out of bed the next few days!  So this year, I'm going to just walk it.  As my trainer Andy said this morning, "Cardio is cardio, right?"  I always feel better after I come back from the gym.  My endorphins and seratonin levels are going full tilt and I feel energized.  Maybe this year I'll get bit by the bodybuilding bug, who knows!

Lastly and most importantly, I am on the search for a townhouse that is closer to my job in Squirrel Hill.  I figured after looking at the crop of apartments for rent within the city and outlying areas, it would be better to own instead of rent.  I'd be getting more bang for my buck and I'd be able to do what I wanted with the property instead of having people come in and do it.  The biggest thing is obviously cost and location.  But I am determined within the next 6 months to find a suitable place to start my independent life!

This is also the year of weddings for me too.  I've been invited to two weddings this year, within just a month of each other.  I'm always up for a good wedding:)  The one wedding is for my friends Dustin and Jen.  I've known Jen and her family for about 12 years now (Somehow it doesn't seem that long!) and I can remember when she was still in high school.  The other wedding is for my friends Jason and Melissa.  We are all part of the Kennywood family and I've known them for about 6 years.  I can't wait for both of them!

Wow!  So much to do and so much to look forward to.....who needs reality TV when all this stuff is going on, lol.

Comments