Don't Get Discouraged!

This past week with everything that I've been doing (Work, School, etc.)  it's easy for me to get discouraged about things.  I think one thing about me is that I can never stay still for a monent, I always have to have my hands in something or contributing to life in someway.  This week, I've been dragging my butt and began going to bed around 8:45 or 9!  Can we say oldster?  For myself, I think the earlier I get to bed the better though, cause in the long run, I'm a morning person anyways, so I usually wake up around 4:30 during the week anyhow.  It's just how my internal clock works. 

With my own class that I've been taking at CCAC, let's just say that I'm passing and leave it at that for now.  The discouraging thing here is that I like things to be instant but I know that it's pretty much impossible to get instant results with most things in this life, but it just feels like I'm on hold while I finish up these pre-req. classes so I am able to start my PT clinical classes in the fall.  I think I'm more than ready......all my entrance paperwork is filled out and ready to be mailed on Nov. 15th to the college....despite getting a little discouraged, my motivation level for completing this degree is very high....the only thing in my way is these damn courses.  Ugh, but such is life.

Another thing that I feel like I'm spinning my wheels with in my Personal Training certification.  Although, my test is scheduled for January 18, I just want to be sitting in the room taking the exam RIGHT NOW!  Again, with things being instant.....not a viable option for me, or anybody really.   It's just so frustrating because I have friends' asking me for me to help train them and I want to but I want to go ablout this the right way and wait until I'm certified by ACE.  I think it'll help me gain credibility by my clients so that they can realize I'm in this for all the right reasons.  It made feel good at the beginning of the week however, when a co-worker asked my advice about some serious leg pain she was experiencing and what she thought she should do about it.  I asked her all the routine questions, "Where/How long has it been hurting?  What are you doing for it now?"  After she told me what she had been doing, I gave her my diagnosis and told her what I think would help her leg pain.  The next day, I followed up with her and asked her how she was doing and she said that the pain subsided a good bit and thanked me.  Needless to say after that, I walked with a spring in my step for a while. 

With all the knowledge and skills that I have surroundings my career(s), I must be doing something right.  Half the battle is showing up for what you need to do at the moment, the learning and everything else will happen when I need it to.  Nothing in life that is worth doing or having comes easy and that is the lesson that I had to remind myself of this week.  I'm happy with all my life's successes and achievements and look forward to making many more benchmarks in my life.  I was also thinking to myself this week that I am surrounded by the most caring and supportive people who want me to succeed, not only professionally but other areas too.  You see, the thing about my connections with others' is that if a person makes a really good impression on me within the first few meetings with them, I'm hooked.  It's like a euphoric drug that goes off in my body whenever I am around good-natured people.  They just seem to bring the best out in me.  I've had one of my best friends from college, Kristen, tell me recently that for a while I didn't seem so happy but she seen a definite change in my attitude and my demenaor in general.  I told her that it was because at the time she was speaking of, it was college BTW, I really didn't know where my life goals where taking me to.  I really didn't have many at that point to be perfectly honest.

As you all know by now, I love the major turn that my life has taken me in and I wouldn't change it for the world.  This entry is dedcicated to all the people in my life that has every said or done any kind thing for me or offered words of support about my troubles.  God bless each and every one of you.

Namaste.

Comments