30 Something....A New Era Begins!

Today, I turn 30 years old.  Really?  30 years old!  Where did the time go?  It's like only yesterday I remember turning 21.  But slowly the hands of time reared their ugly head and here I sit in a coffee shop typing my living epithath about what I plan to accomplish and experience in this new decade of life for myself.

I've grown a lot in this past year.  Spiritually, emotionally and physically.  I'm proud of the progress that I've gained and the experiences and people that I've met.  As I embark on this ripe young age of 30, or the new 20 as people are calling it nowadays, I have a lot in my life to look forward to and a few excited things a coming up in only just a few weeks!  One of the big events that is happening next month is that I am moving the the Shadyside section of Pittsburgh.  I definitely think that it's the right time, the right venue and with the perfect roommates.  I want to spread my own wings and fly to new places and create my own experiences while I'm still young enough to enjoy them.  I have a lot of reasons that I could stay in my current situation but again, I feel that this is right.  I'm very excited about the prospect of starting on my own. 

Another big event that is also happening next month is that I am traveling to San Juan, Puerto Rico for my best friend Matt and his soon-to-be wife Virgnia's wedding.  I've never been anywhere south of Viriginia and the most north that I have been is Quebec, Canada, so this is definitely going to be an adventure worth remembering from start to finish.  I also had dinner with Matt and Virginia last night as they are in town for another friend's wedding they are attending today.  When we got to Primanti's last night and sat down in our booth, Matt said to me, "I have an important question to ask you."  I was thinking and said, "Ok, what is it?"  He proceeded to ask me if I would be a groomsman in his wedding.  Originally, I was just going to be a guest at the wedding, which was good enough for me but when they asked me to do this last night, I was honored.  I've known Matt for 12 years, since he started college and have been there through some pretty epic moments in his life.  For me, I think of these two as family and he said that he wanted me standing on the altar with him at their wedding.  I kept telling them that they don't know how much this means to me and they never will.  I don't have any real brothers in my life but Matt comes as damn close to any brothers that I've ever seen.

So that is a little piece of what's coming up in the life of Schess and I am humbled and excited to see where life takes me in the next year!

Comments