My 31st Year....TAKE 1!

Upon turning 31, like anyone else, you take a look at your life.  Where you are, where you've been and where it is that you ant to go.  I like to write down each year a list of what I'd like to accomplish in the year ahead.  It gives me focus and clarity on the steps needed to be taken to reach whatever it is I'm trying to accomplish for myself.  In a well-organized, perfect Utopian society, everyone would have one of these and should.  Because I think there are things that everyone has in our own lives' that are the driving forces to help better ourselves and the world around us.  The thing that is a huge factor in making a "yearly bucket list" however, is time.  It marches on, whether we are ready for it or not.  Did I cross everything on my 30th list?  Of course not, but I am certainly in a better place now than I was a year ago.  I feel for the first time in a very long time that my life has direction and purpose.  I know what I want out of my life and am not stopping for anyone or anything who has a shred of doubt or who finds fault in my goals.  NOW is the time to make them come to fruition.  Because as we all know, we get older and more set in our ways and start to slow down and settle into a routine that usually nixes our goals and dreams.  I've always said to people, friends and family mostly, not to settle...EVER!  Because when we settle, we often become lazy and sedentary.  But, that's just my mentality though.  Not everyone is as driven obviously.  But wouldn't it be swell if we all were?  Imagine the work that would get done everyday!

I've created a so-called list of things that I would like to begin accomplishing or begin to finish up this 31st year of my life.  Hopefully, by reading my list, it will inspire you to do the same.  Everyone needs to do some goal-setting...and if you haven't in a while, it's OK!  Dust off the cobwebs from the shelves and start fresh!  And the goals don't have to be HUGE either...start small and eventually build up to more long term and lasting goals and aspirations for yourself.  Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.  And, isn't this whole notion of goal-setting is what life is all about?  Using your talents, abilities, gifts and a lot of times, your imperfections, to help motivate and inspire others?  When you strip away all the layers of what makes us, us....I think you'll find that we are more alike than unalike in how we interact, treat and co-exist with each other.  Without getting too religious, I believe....no, I know that we are all from the same family.  Once the layers have been stripped down anyway.  If you have a caring bone in you body, you are able to see it.  Whenever there's a cause or tragedy, we, as a people always seem to put our differences aside, become color-blind and help one another.  Being a beginner in the Fitness field, I've noticed that more people enjoy helping out for worthy causes all while helping themselves.  Talk about killing two birds with one stone!  But I've also noticed there usually has to be some sort of catastrophe or catalyst to encourage help from others.  But do we always need a catastrophe to remind us that we are all just people?  People who need people....cue Barbra Streisand!  But seriously, it's true.    It does seem that today people always ask, "What's in it for me? or "What do I get out of helping somebody?"  Pride.  That's what.  You shouldn't have to ask for a piece offering for helping somebody.  It's a matter of ethics. 

So back to my list.  Here it is in no particular order:
 
1.)  Continue/Finish NASM-PT certification course with the Nat'l Personal Training Institute.
 
2.)  Continue to grow as a professional at The Children's Institute Day School.
 
3.)  Transform my body within the next year.
 
4.)  Read more.
 
5.)  Write more.
 
6.)  Travel to one place that is out of Pennsylvania! lol
 
7.)  Continue to help people in any way I can.
 
8.)  Make new friends but cherish the people I have in my life already.

These are only a few goals and aspirations that I have so far, but it is a work in progress.  Trying to find what makes you happy in life in a day to day process because everyday our moods change.  But as long as you have something cooking in your brain of what and how you want to accomplish something, that's the first step.  So go ahead, set some goals and watch your life change!

Comments