Oh, It's Gotta Be A Good Life!

My song of the moment is Good Life by One Republic.  I'm actually listening to it now as I write this to get in the zone for this entry.  We all want a good life, right?  Why can't we ever have that?  Mostly, our lives' are surrounded by the chaotic stresses of an ever-changing world with an askewed agenda.  Things come up that we must take care of.  Babies are born.  The elderly die.  What happens in between these two inevitable events is really on you.  Yeah, there are things that happen that are out of our control, like freak accidents but on the whole grand scheme of things.....the ball's in your court really....you are the one to decide how the biorhythmic timbre of your life is played.

We all start out pretty much the same.....struggling to make sense of the world around us and the people in it.  What we don't realize is that these people were placed in our lives to help shape and mold us into the intellectually minded adults that we become.  Lately I've been contemplating on my life thus far, as I sometimes do and the directions that it has taken.  Let me just say that where I am currently, is not where I thought I would end up at 29, but am VERY happy and elated that it took the course that it has.  Because let's face it, life could have turned out alot different.  All through my adult, I've tried to carry myself with a strong character....the kind of person that people can rely on to tell their problems to, look to for guidance, share in good times and bad and be 'that guy' that people want to be like.  Whether or not I've accomplished this, I know that I have alot more friends than enemies.  And for that I'm eternally grateful to whoever is leading this thing called life.

Now anybody who reads this blog, knows right well that my life hasn't been all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.  Everybody has their hand that their dealt and I'm no different.  I just don't dwell on the things and experiences that you can't change.  What's the point of it all anyway?  You will just sit and drive yourself crazy focusing on the wrong thiings and then you won't get anything accomplished.  I used to feel like I was the lowest man on the totem pole for the longest time growing up.  I'm not that tall, wasn't really popular or that great of looks either.  But as time went on, I learned to accept myself, flaws and all.  In college, I went through a period of not feeling like I measured up to my friends at all, probably because they all were moving on through their classes and whatnot so much faster than myself....or so it seemed.  What I didn't take into account at the time was that each one of them was battling problems of their own and sometimes you tend to forget that because in this country, YOU are the only person that counts.

As time passed, people graduated from college getting jobs and here I was still trying to figure out what it is I was put on earth to do.  I had always wanted to change the world in some way when I was younger.  Cure disease, rally for huge causes....things like that.  I still feel that way but on a much more smaller, managable scale.  This is why I've chosen my life's work in helping people reach their personal fitness goals and aiding people into getting their bruised limbs back into working order by becoming a Physical Therapist Assistant as well as a Certified Personal Trainer.  I was reading through my news on facebook this evening and a friend of mine, Tom, wrote on his status about believing in yourself and how if you don't, nobody else will.

I guess it's true about your experiences molding, shaping and guiding you in the direction you are supposed to take in life.  There's so much more to this life than any of us can know, but trust in the fact that there's someone calling the shots.

Comments