Life should be nothing but BUMBLEBEES & BLUE SKIES!

I have a student in my classroom, who I've had for two years now.  On an attempt to get him to expand on his vocabulary last year, I made up some silly phrases for him to say....'Bumblebees & Blue Skies', 'Teddy Bears & Cupcakes', 'Bunny Rabbits & Dog Poop'??!  In any event, it worked, sort of.  Although this student can say these phrases, very well and on cue, learning new words and concepts are trying for him, as is the case for all of the kids at the school where I teach.  But he keeps on trying, that's what is very endearing about him.  I know that life has its ups and downs but why can't it just be simple?

Now, from what I've seen and been through in my lifetime, I know better than most of my friends that it isn't easy.  And sometimes, you find yourself in situations and think 'Why me?'  Is this part of a cosmic plan and who is controlling the puppet string up there?  I'm a firm believer in the fact of a Higher Power.  I honestly think I was chosen for the life and the people in it specifically.  I think a lot of people feel that way.  Last weekend, I ran into a complete stranger when visiting with a friend.  Without warning, he approached me and said the most peculiar thing....."Excuse me, did you have someone in your life pass on recently?"  Not knowing what to think, I just blurted out a mumbled, "Uuuuuuuummmmmm..."  He then asked me if it was my grandmother and I said, "Yeeeeaaaaah."  Having lost her this past February, what the man stated was indeed a true fact.  After speaking with him for a few moments, I learned that he could 'hear' ghosts.....kind of like what is portrayed on TLC's Long Island Medium, TNT's Charmed or ABC's Ghost Whisperer programs.He told me about his four past lives; how he had been burned at the stake in the Salem Witch Trials during the 1600's in Massachusetts.  Crazy or not, I believe God does work through ordinary people. And I don't take these instances lightly either.  There was a distinct reason why I was supposed to run into that guy.  Have ever head that if you could travel back in time, never to touch anything because even the slightest change can alter your future in ways that you can't imagine?  There's a reason you are doing whatever you are right at this second.  We are put through many trials in this life to prepare us for what's next, the unknown, the scariest part is anticipating it, which is why so many of us, myself included, rail away against death so much.  If you think about it, life is the easy part.  My run-in with this guy was odd but here's short summary of what he told me:  he had 'the gift' ever since he was ten years of age and the more he ignored it, the worse things got for him.  He said that it was a lot better if you just grabbed a hold it the gift and embraced it for what it was.  Another thing I learned was that I was going to meet someone by the end of this year but I can't be looking for it.  Whether or not any of what he said was true, it's nice to think about.  Somebody out there is channeling things through the living.  Did you just get chills?

About life being hard, why is it?  Unless you are rich or well off, odds are you probably bust your ass for forty plus hours/week, just to make ends meet sometimes and for what??  Wouldn't life be a lot better if we could concentrate on the more important things?  Here's the way I see it:  we work to create bonds, friendships and if we're lucky, relationships.  Each of us is put here for a reason.  Big or small, whatever it is, you should work at your craft everyday to perfect it.


 So where does pain & suffering fit into all of this so-called work?  To put it in a nutshell, I used to watch "Touched By An Angel" each week when it was on the air.  It was a wholesome show about 3 angels, who help guide people along on their personal journeys in life.  They also learn about themselves in the process.  One episode, this exact question was raised and the angel's response?  Disease wasn't part of the original plan but through time and evolution has reared its eerie head, the world gained millions of diseases, disorders and problems for human beings to worry about.  I think people stricken with special needs of any kind are here to teach us all something.  First off, to see how good and blessed we all have it and not to take the smallest things for granted.  They also teach us to be tolerant of people who don't fir the 'normal' or 'sane' labels.  Our world is at a crossroads right now and how we handle certain groups of people is critical to the success and survival of people as a viable species on earth.

Comments